Over the next few days and throughout the month of October, we’ll be talking about Employee Ownership Month. You can find more information here if you’re not familiar with this incredible celebration of ESOPs.
We thought we’d get an early start on October and kick things off with a few ideas.
Employee Ownership Month presents an excellent opportunity to tell your company’s ESOP story to anyone who will listen. Employee owners, elected officials, and members of the media are all potential audiences waiting to hear your story.
Remember, one size does not fit all. What may work for one company may not be the best idea for your company. The Press & Event Planning Kit (which is available free to ESOP Association members on the website here) will introduce you to some creative Employee Ownership Month activities at other companies. To help get you started, we’ve also included a list of ideas below to help get you thinking about what you can do this year.
- Company picnics
- Brown-bag lunches
- Ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Mock game shows
- Theme days
- Roundtable discussions with your local Chamber of Commerce or other local membership organizations such as the Rotary Club
- Award ceremonies
- Treating employees to a special event
- Auctions/silent auctions
- Q & A session with the CEO, plan trustee, or ESOP administrator
- Team building activities
- Create a display of Employee Ownership Month posters for your facility
- Hold an in-house Employee Ownership Month poster contest
- Charity/donation program to build employee ownership spirit such as a food drive
- Open house event(s) featuring ESOP/employee ownership theme
- Vesting ceremonies
- Special guest speakers such as a member of Congress
Is your company planning anything special this year? Let us know and we just might share your photos and events here on the blog. Drop us an email at media AT esopassociation.org.
If you’d like to order the Employee Ownership Month poster (pictured above), click here for more details. This year’s poster was designed by Libby Perszyk Kathman, Inc. (LPK) located in Cincinnati, Ohio.