Employee Ownership Month (EOM) presents an excellent opportunity to tell your company’s ESOP story to anyone who will listen. Employee owners, elected officials, and members of the media are all potential audiences.
Remember, one size does not fit all. What may work for one company may not be the best idea for your company. Below is a list of ideas to help brainstorm ideas. Please feel free to include any events your company hosts, as well as, company activities that might be tailored for EOM.
- Company picnics
- Brown-bag lunches
- Ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Mock game shows
- Theme days
- Roundtable discussions with your local Chamber of Commerce or other local membership organizations such as the Rotary Club
- Award ceremonies
- Treating employees to a special event
- Auctions/silent auctions
- Q & A session with the CEO, plan trustee, or ESOP administrator
- Team building activities
- Create a display of Employee Ownership Month posters for your facility
- Hold an in-house Employee Ownership Month poster contest
- Charity/donation program to build employee ownership spirit such as a food drive
- Open house event(s) featuring ESOP/employee ownership theme
- Vesting ceremonies
- Special guest speakers such as a member of Congress
- Secure a proclamation from your local elected officials
Already have plans for this October? Tell us about them at firstname.lastname@example.org.